Woodrow Wilson Middle School
Head Coach: Mr. Bill Allee
Length of Season: 7 weeks (September & October)
Tryouts: Girls' tennis is open to all 7th and 8th grade girls. Although tennis experience is not required, previous lessons would be helpful. According to Coach Blomquist, "Tennis is a great game and a sport that can be enjoyed throughout life. Any girl interested in playing tennis is encouraged to go out for the team."
Matches: All meets are scheduled to begin at 3:45 p.m. Players are responsible for their own transportation to and from away meets.
What parents can do to help:
1. Support your child's efforts to be an athlete.
2. Help your student athlete organize his/her time.
3. Continue to encourage your child to maintain a healthy diet and good sleep habits.
4. Win or lose, encourage your child!
5. If you play tennis, take the time to hit with your son or daughter.
Watching a match:
1. Be positive and supportive.
2. Applaud good points - do not applaud errors and/or bad shots by the opponents.
3. Do not talk to the players during the match - only the coach (s) may talk to players while they are on the court.
4. After the match, focus on the player's efforts rather than the win or loss.
5 Demonstrate and support good sportsmanship.