Recent events have put the topic of school safety at the top of national discussion. Many organizations, some of which were personally affected by school violence, have published valuable information, experiences, and research surrounding this topic. Below are just a few that the Moline-Coal Valley School District has followed.
- Foundation’s goals are to increase collaboration between students, schools, and communities to provide safer environments and procedures to deal with threats.
- Supports crisis prevention, response, and recovery through guided practice and research. Founded by families that have lost a child in the Sandy Hook School shooting that occurred in 2014.
- The Youth Service Bureau offers a wide range of behavioral health and delinquency prevention services to residents of the Quad City Area. Our staff specializes in working with children and adolescents.
- Project NOW provides a broad range of services to help meet basic needs and achieve self-sufficiency. We strengthen communities by helping people help themselves and one another.
- Fully integrated and state-of-the-art tip acquisition and tip management solution that has quickly become the leading choice of Crime Stoppers Programs, Law Enforcement Agencies, Campus Safety Programs, and Federal Agency Initiatives. P3 is a fresh new approach to cloud-based tip and intelligence management with many new industry-leading features.