Moline-Coal Valley School District No. 40

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Support News Facebook Twitter Athletic Schedule
Moline High School » FAQ


Q:  What if I am absent? (Full or Partial Day) Parents should call the attendance office.
Students A – K call Mrs. Bowser at 743-8811.  Students L – Z call Mrs. Anderson at 743-8812.

What if I am absent? (No parent phone call)
Go to the Attendance Office for admit. Have your parents call within 24 hours.

Q: What if I am ill?
A: Call the Attendance Office Daily. If you are ill for three or more days, call or email your teachers. Have someone pick up your assignments in the Main Office.

Q: What if I have an appointment during school hours?
A: Have a parent call in and excuse you ahead of time. Go to the Attendance Office and sign out when you leave and sign in when you return.

Q: What if I am ill/injured? (in school)
A: Ask your classroom teacher for a pass to see the urse. Then go to the Attendance Office and sign out if you are leaving.

Q: What if I need an elevator Key?
A: Contact the nurse in the Clinic, B150. You will need to pay a $5.00 refundable deposit.

Q: What if I need medication at school?
A: Provide the nurse with the district medication form completed, signed, and dated by the physician and the parent/guardian for prescription medication. 
Non-prescription medication such as pain relievers, anti-inflammatories, antacids, antihistamines, and cough syrup/drops do not require a physician's signature but all other information relative to the medication must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian.

Medication must be delivered to the nurse's office by the parent/guardian, unless prior arrangements have been made to independently carry an inhaler or epi-pen.

School policy prohibits students from having in their possession prescription or nonprescription medication other than inhalers or epi-pens which have been pre-approved by the nurse.

Q: What if I am homebound?
A: Contact Charla Marsh at 743-8103.

Q: What if I am late to school?
A: Go to the Attendance Office to sign in.

Q: What if I need an appointment to see my counselor or a social worker?
A: See them personally to make an appointment or leave them a note asking them to call you out of class.

Q: What if I need tutoring?
A: Go to your classroom teacher before or after school and make arrangements for special help.

Q: What if I have locker problems?
A: Report the problem to Mrs. Thompson, the secretary in the Counseling Office.

Q: What if I have a scheduling problem?
A: See your counselor. Make an appointment during lunch or before or after school.

Q: What if I lose my textbook?
A: Check with the bookstore for lost textbooks or ask the teacher if you left the book in a classroom. If lost, pay for the book at the bookstore and show the receipt to your teacher and they will issue you a new book. If, after paying for a lost book, the book is found, take it to the bookstore and a refund will be processed or credit will be applied to any outstanding balances on your account.

Q: What if I need to use the Media Center during the school day?
A: Ask your teacher whose assignment you are working on for a pass. Check in at the main desk when you arrive.

Q: What if I lose my ID card?
A: Go to the Bookstore and pay $5.00 for a new ID. Take your receipt to the AV Department (B223) and they will make your new ID card.

Q: What if I have something stolen?
A: If books, clothing, etc. are stolen from your locker see the Dean or Police Liaison officer in the Student Affairs Office to file a theft report.

What if I want to join a club, team or activity?
See the list of clubs on this website and contact the listed faculty advisor or go to the Counseling Office.