Moline-Coal Valley School District No. 40

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Support News Facebook Twitter Search Athletic Schedule
Parents & Students » Registration Information

Registration Information


New Student Online Registration

Parents now have the ability to register new students online. If you are new to the district please click here to be taken to a page to sign up for temporary access to enter your student's information. For help with enrolling a new student please click here.

If you currently have a student enrolled in the Moline school district, you can enroll a new student by logging into your existing Family Access account. For help with enrolling a new student with an existing account please click here.
New families to the district should contact their school principal to complete enrollment and verify residency. 
Moline-Coal Valley School District does not refuse to admit or enroll a student because of that student's failure to present his/her student permanent or temporary record from a school attended previously.  (105 ILCS 10/8.1) 

 Registration Forms For NEW Students to the District

K-8 Grade 
9-12 Grade
Other Health and Safety Forms for all Grades 
Visit the Health and Safety section of the district site for more information regarding health and wellness.

NOTE: Special instructions regarding the student physical examination form. If you are attending the free physical at the beginning of the school year you will have to print this form and pre-fill the form as completely as possible and have your student bring the pre-filled form to the examination. Any student that attempts to attend the free physical examination without the form pre-filled by a parent or guardian will not be able to attend the free physical examination.


During the student registration process, parents/ guardians will be required to provide documentation for both student enrollment and residency. Before the registration process can be completed, a child’s parent/ guardian must provide proof of residency. Illinois School Code states that a child is entitled to enrollment in a district wherein he/she resides. The code further defines residence as a physical presence with an intention to remain on a permanent basis with the person(s) who have legal custody of the child.

Proof of residency requires documentation with matching address of residence from each of the following categories to complete the registration process:

Residency Combination Options:
Category I - 2
Category II - 1


Category I - 1
Category II - 2
Category l   
  • Mortgage Document (Homeowners)
  • Current Lease (Signed & dated) with proof of last month payment
  • Property Tax Bill & proof of payment
  • Trailer Park lease agreement with proof of last month payment
  • Letter of residence (citing address) from landlord in lieu of lease (notarized)
  • Letter of residence (citing address) when living with a District Resident
  • ISBE Form 85-51 (Affidavit) & Evidence of Non-Parent Custody
  • Most recent gas/electric/ water bill
  • Most recent cable television bill

Category ll
  • Driver’s License or State Identification Card
  • Vehicle registration or Title
  • Voter registration card
  • Most recent Credit Card bill
  • Current public aid card with address (current date)
  • Home/Rental Insurance Policy (dated)
  • Current library card
  • Current library card
  • Mail received at new residences
  • Receipt for moving van rental

The district is aware that, for some families, circumstances may require that additional information be provided in order to adequately meet the requirements for proving residency. Below are several examples for which additional documentation will be required to assist in completing the student registration process.
  • If the parent/guardian resides with a district resident, the district resident must provide the residency information for category one and up to two documents from category two. The parent/guardian must supply at least one proof of residency from category two. The ISBE Form 85-51, Affidavit of Enrollment and Residency, must be completed and signed.
  • If you are a non-parent seeking to enroll a student, you must complete and sign ISBE Form 85-51, Affidavit of Enrollment and Residency. You must also provide the residency information for category one and up to two documents from category two.

Falsifying residency information for the purpose of a child attending school in a district is a Class C Misdemeanor.

If a student is determined to be a non-resident of Moline School District for whom tuition must be charged, the person(s) enrolling the student is/are liable for non-resident tuition from the date the student began attending as a non-resident.

The Moline School District reserves the right to evaluate the evidence presented. Merely presenting the items listed in the documentation procedure does not guarantee admission.

If you are living with a Moline resident, please download and fill out a LETTER OF RESIDENCE FORM (Spanish).

If your child is living with a Moline resident, please download and fill out an EVIDENCE OF ENROLLMENT AND RESIDENCY (Spanish).

If you do not have a lease or rental agreement for your residence, download and fill out a LANDLORD IN LIEU OF LEASE (Spanish) form.
Affidavit of Enrollment and Residency (Spanish)
If the person signing the form is not able to be present at registration, the form MUST BE NOTARIZED.

When you register, don't forget:
  • Completed physical exam form (required for incoming pre-school, kindergarten, 6th grade, 9th grade, and new students)
  • Documented proof from a physician/medical professional of receipt of T-dap vaccination for students in 6th-12th grades
  • (for first year students) Certified copy of student's birth certificate issued by county, state, or other reliable proof of age & identity
  • Money for student book fee (make checks payable to Moline Board of Education)
  • Waiver of fees identification
  • Don't forget to join your school's Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
  • Medicaid/Link card
  • Phone numbers of emergency contact persons, & doctor

All families registering students in the Moline School System must live within the boundaries of Moline-Coal Valley School District No. 40 and within the boundaries of that school unless they have received transfer permission in writing from the Board of Education office. Families that fill out the registration form stating an address within Moline or Coal Valley must live at that address. If it is found that false information was provided to the school, and the student(s) live outside of Moline-Coal Valley School District No. 40, these families will be required to register their children within the community where they live. They will also be required to pay all out-of-district tuition and fees as provided by law for the time any children attended Moline or Coal Valley schools illegally.
Commonly Asked Questions about Registration:

Q: Why is registration held annually?

The health and safety of our students is important. We ask you to fill out an emergency information/registration card each year to re-verify parent/guardian work phone numbers, emergency contact persons, and the name of your doctor. In a medical emergency with your child, this information is critical. Coming to school for registration also helps you and your child meet the school staff and perhaps see the school before the first day.

Q: I'm new to the school district and need a class supply list. Where do I find one if my school isn't open yet?

Copies of all school and classroom supply lists are available on this website or by calling the school district offices located at the building called Allendale - 1619 11th Avenue, Moline, 743-1600. Summer hours 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Q: Are my children allowed to come to registration?

The child(ren) you are registering as well as your other children are most certainly allowed to come to registration.

Q: What if our family can't afford the textbook fee?

If you receive aid under Article IV of the Illinois Public Aid Code or meet income guidelines for free lunch, the Board of Education will loan you free textbooks.
State law requires Districts to provide information about sex offenders and violent offenders against youth.  The Illinois State Police website contains the following:
Illinois Sex Offender Registry,
Illinois Murderer and Violent Offender Against Youth Registry,
Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Sex Offenders,