G suite For Education allows the Moline-Coal Valley School District to manage the Google environment from an Administrative Console. Please see below for a list of restrictions per grade level.
- K-2 grades will not have any access to gmail. Their accounts will only be for Drive.
- 3rd/4th/5th grade students can only send/receive email to/from specific teachers and Principals within the district. Any message not from the specific list will return as rejected.
- 6th -10th grade students can only send/receive email to/from domain users only (any email address containing @molineschools.org)
- 11th and 12th grade students are not restricted.
2. General GMail Restrictions
- Students are not allow to change their own themes.
- Students are not allowed to delegate their gmail accounts to anyone else.
- Students are not allowed to ask for Read Receipts
- Event Details are not available outside the domain.
- Only Free/Busy (no even details) are available within the domain with an option for students to change.
- Students are not listed in the Public Directory.
- Grades 6th-12th can send/receive email to/from any other student within the school district if they know the email address.
- Teachers can run a report in Skyward listing the student email addresses.
Google Drive (Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentations)
- Users CAN share documents outside the domain
- The default visibility for all documents is Private.
- Google + is not enabled for any grade level.