Social Media Guidelines
The Moline -Coal Valley School District welcomes our community to engage with the District through our Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, pages. The purpose of our social media channels is to communicate program activities, achievements, awards, and recognitions to our faithful community. The following guidelines have been implemented to ensure the District's use of social media remains professional and that anyone posting content or commenting on behalf of the District understands the importance of effective social media guidelines.
Content posted to our social media channels are not intended to be general public forums covering all topics. The District welcomes comments from our community, staff, and students. However, comments expressed on District social network sites do not necessarily reflect the opinions and position of the Moline-Coal Valley School District #40 Board of Education.
Please note that comments are subject to review by District moderators and the District reserves the right to remove comments that includes any of the following:
- Contain vulgar language;
- Represent personal attacks of any kind;
- Target or disparage any civic, ethnic, racial, or religious group;
- Do not show consideration for others' privacy; or
- Are considered likely to offend or provoke others into inflammatory debates.
Further, the district also reserves the right to delete submissions/comments that:
- Are spam or trolling;
- Include links to other sites;
- Are clearly off topic;
- Advocate illegal activity or violence;
- Promote particular services, products, or political organizations;
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- Violate Moline-Coal Valley School District #40 policies or Code of Conduct;
- Defame individuals, businesses, or organizations; or
- Provide misleading or false information.
Additionally, the District reserves the right to turn off, or restrict comments on any single post at its discretion.
Facebook Rules and Standards
Please note that each social media platform has their own rules and regulations that apply to anyone that has created an account with that service. In addition to the guidelines listed above and within school code, these services may take action towards anyone who violates their rules and regulations.
Moline-Coal Valley School District is not responsible for and does not endorse or oppose any points made by commenters on its social media channels. Commenters are solely responsible for their own comments and are urged to follow these guidelines as well as the rules and regulations set forth by each social media channel.