Technology Policies and Security
The following include all policies contained within 6:235 - Updated May 2021
- AUP Full - Complete Acceptable Use Policy
- 5:130AP - Email Retention and Acceptable Use
- 6:235-AP1 - Acceptable Use Of Electronic Networks
- 6:235-AP2 - Web Publishing Guidelines
- 6:235-AP1-E3 - Online Privacy Statement
- 6:235-AP1-E4 - Internet Safety
- 6:235-AP1-E5 - COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act)
- 6:235-AP1-E6 - Google Workplace for Education
- 6:235-AP1-E7 - Personal Technology Device Procedure
- 6:235-AP1-E8 - Employee Password Policy (Staff Only) - Password Reset Procedure (Staff Only)
- 6:235-AP1-E9 - Social Media and Online Communication Procedure
- 6:235-AP1-E10 - District Issued Device Procedure (Staff Only) - Signature Page for Exhibit 10
- 6:235-AP1-E11 - AUP Acceptance and Signature Page
- Student Personal Technology Device Handbook (LEAD Moline)
- Sub Teacher Policy - (Staff Only)
Moline-Coal Valley Schools has adopted GoGuardian as a content filter for all district Chromebooks, including LEAD Moline Chromebooks. This service will monitor and filter content, regardless of whether the device is on campus or not. GoGuardian does a great job of reporting and monitoring student usage, however, no filter will restrict all unwanted content. It is the students' responsibility to follow the guidelines of the Acceptable Use Policy at all times.
GoGuardian's powerful filtering engine is based on categories that are dynamically changed as new content is created. For instance, we can block a category for online games that may contain adult content, but we can allow educational games that may be more suitable for the classroom. Additionally, we can apply different levels of restrictions for when the device is off-campus (i.e. allow more categories at home).
For more information about GoGuardian's content filter, please visit their website: https://www.goguardian.com/admin/.
Another useful benefit of GoGuardian is the Parent App, to be released in the Spring of 2020. This service will allow parents and guardians to see the online activity of their students. While parents/guardians cannot change any policies at this time, they are able to get snapshots of the student activity for honest and open conversations about device usage. For more information, please visit the Parent App website: https://www.goguardian.com/parent-app/.
GoGuardian takes student privacy and online safety very seriously, which is a contributing factor to our selection. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA) dictates rules for how we handle student data and student privacy. It is important that we partner with organizations that follow this rule, and we feel comfortable that GoGuardian does so completely. To see how GoGuardian protects our students' privacy, visit https://www.goguardian.com/product-privacy/. GoGuardian also commits to the federal "Student Privacy Pledge", which is the industry standard for privacy guidelines.
To view more details on GoGuardian visit EdTech's knowledge base article. Additional questions related to how our district protects our students online, protects student privacy, and provides a safe online environment can be directed to:
Director for Technology