HR District Resources
The Flexible Benefit Plan provides the opportunity for eligible staff to redirect a portion of compensation to the plan to provide pre-tax funds for medical and dental expenses, required monthly contributions for dependent medical health insurance premiums and dependent day care expenses incurred during the plan year. Salary dollars withheld and not used are forfeited. Expenses must be incurred during the plan year (i.e. September 1 through August 31 of the current year) and paid by the employee to qualify for reimbursement through the Flexible Benefit Plan.
<insert files form HR site>
If you are injured while performing your duties at work you will need to complete a workers compensation report of accident. This report needs to be signed by the employee's supervisor and should be sent to the Human Resources Office at Allendale as soon as possible.
1. Do you have online teacher applications?
Yes, Applitrack is used by the district for online employment applications.
2. What is required to complete my teacher application?
Your completed on-line application file must include a copy of your Illinois teaching certificate, a copy of your transcripts, three letters of recommendation or a copy of your college credential file, and a cover letter and résumé.
3. How long do you keep teacher applications on file?
Your online teacher application will remain active until October 1st of each year. At the end of this time, we will inactivate all online applications. If you would still like to be considered for a position in our district for the coming school year, please use the "Continue/Modify" link on our application web site and enter your password when prompted. By doing this, you will automatically be reactivated in our files.
4. Where do you post job vacancies? Do I need to apply for each specific job vacancy?
Expected vacancies are posted on Applitrack and the Illinois Education Job Bank. It is not necessary to apply for each individual posting you may be interested in; you need only list your area of interest. For example, if a vacancy for a science position at the high school and a vacancy for a science position at a middle school were both posted, you need only submit one application that indicated your interest in science. You would automatically be considered for both positions.
5. Is it necessary to fill out an administrative application for each administrative vacancy?
Yes, each administrative application is for a specific administrative vacancy.
- A teaching certificate registered in Rock Island County
- A copy of original college transcripts
- Results of a physical with a TB skin test, (not more than 90 days old)
- Fingerprints completed within the last 90 days (this can be done at the Regional Office of Education)
- Required identification (example: a driver’s license and social security card, or a passport).
- Social Security Card – For payroll purposes
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Valid for substitute teaching in all grades of the public schools, prekindergarten through grade 12.
- Note: Substitute licenses are valid for 5 years, and may be renewed with the payment of registration fees.
- If you hold a valid professional educator license with stipulations that required a bachelor’s degree for issuance, you are qualified to be a substitute teacher. You do not need to hold a substitute teaching license.
- Short Term Substitute Teaching License Requirement: Must hold an Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or show completion of 60 semester hours of coursework.
- Valid for substitute teaching in all grades of the public schools, prekindergarten through grade 12
- Short-Term Substitute licenses are valid until June 30, 2023, and may NOT be renewed.
- Cannot teach more than 5 consecutive days per licensed teacher.
- Must complete a training program provided by the school board.
- Cannot serve as a Paraprofessional.
- Submit an application online in the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS).
- A $75 fee will be assessed electronically when the application is submitted (please have a credit card available).
- Send an official transcript showing an awarded bachelor’s degree to the following address: